Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Blogger field trip upcoming, Riders wanted!

I will be going up to the BrightSource Ivanpah project site in the next few weeks, probably a day trip.
My off days from bus driving are Wednesday and Thursday so I would have to go on one of those days.
The plan would be to get as near to the area in my car(sorry no more driving washed out desert roads in my car)
and walk in the rest of the way. I would love to photograph the area, look over the types of plants and vegetation, signs of animals, check out the alluvial plain,etc. See first hand what I've read about and seen on the net.

If any of my readers would be interested in going also, my car can hold 3 more people. The trunk is more than adequate to hold camera and video gear, tripods, whatever. Work is very slow right now, unfortunately I would
ask for a little help with the gas. I have a 2002 Chrysler Concorde which on my last Vegas trip got 28 mpg on the road. Someone in the area who wanted to join us could meet us at the Nipton Rd or Valley Wells offramp even or park on the dirt road up to the site.

If you don't have plans for those days and would like to join the trip, please post in the comments or email me at morongobill@gmail.com. Look forward to hearing from fellow desert lovers!

Bill
Above is the view toward Clark Mountain from near the proposed project, guess we'd see lots of solar arrays ahead if this shot was taken 3 years in the future. We might even be arrested for trespassing right here!

No comments:

Post a Comment