Thursday, January 21, 2010

I have a bone to pick with the Mohave Preserve management.

These photographs were taken around 2004 or 2005. This was a ranch site that was south of Nipton Road
about 4 miles from the country store there. All of this history was lost when the service had it all taken down and removed.


I thought the preserve was to help preserve some of the area's history. What purpose did it serve to
remove this wonderful historical site?


                                       


I'll never forget the day I visited this site. It had rained recently and was actually difficult to walk to, with the deep puddles and muddy tracks. I wandered the acre or so site for quite a while, imagining what it would've been like to have worked there, say 100 years ago. It's possible this was part of the OX Cattle Company's spread. I got a lump in my throat thinking how priviliged I was to see this site and how thankful I was that it was part of the Mohave National Preserve and would always be there for future generations. :-(




                                        
I guess I'm just uninformed. What a waste.

Bill



No comments:

Post a Comment