Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Micro(THE RIPOFF)Center

6 days ago I purchased website site builder software for $9.99 + tax at Micro Center. Site Builder from Encore Software and web.com.

Nowhere on the tiny,tiny print does it say webhosting with them is required to use the program.

Yes I know you get what you pay for.

I took it home and watched the demos and waas really impressed. I thought I hit a home run, this was the best cheap s/w I'd ever seen.

First thing into setup you enter the unlock code, then they want a credit card to setup your webhosting, you can't install it without signing up for their hosting!Since I already have a web host, it does me no good.

So today I went back to the Micro Center store in Tustin, Ca where I bought it and of course they won't take back opened software, no exceptions, even for the false advertising on the package.

Ok, it's war then. I've gotten tired over the years of shopping there with the customer "no service", lack of a greeting at the checkstand or a thank you, this is the final straw. Getting it off my chest on my blog isn't the last of it either. My advice is even if they are selling 5$ bills for 50 cents, don't buy there anymore. If it happens to me, it'll happen to you.

Please let me know if you've had similiar problems with this merchant.

Morongobill, one p---ed off blogger!


 



No comments:

Post a Comment