Wednesday, January 20, 2010

No relief from the rain today

If I was a farmer or rancher, I'd love this week. Since I drive a bus in the Disneyland area,going from the satellite
parking lots to the park, and Disney doesn't open the lots on rainy days, I'm not working. Rainy weather kept the lots closed on Monday and Tuesday and I'm off today and tomorrow. Friday the prediction is thundershowers! Good thing I filed an unemployment claim a month ago when I got 14 hours in 8 days.
Of course, you don't get much but it sure beats the alternative which is nothing.

Yesterday,mid-afternoon, I looked out my office window here and it was pouring rain and the water was
coming up almost over the curb, and I thought this is the worst we'll see. But listening to the radio, they're saying today's storm will be worse!

One day, hopefully not too long from now, I'll have a couple of acres up in the high desert and I'll kick back
in my travel trailer or rv, or in my canvas tent and let the rain put me to sleep. Just like listening to the rain
coming down on a tin roof, something I haven't heard since I was a kid growing up in Georgia 45-50 years ago. Oh what the heck, here's a photograph of myself at 2 years old with my grandmother taken in Georgia
in the late 1950's.



I scanned this from a tiny print maybe 3 inches high on my Epson 3170 flatbed scanner
and it's amazing how much detail can be picked up. The standard today is 300dpi on prints
from a photo lab, I have no idea what it was back then, but surely was way higher to get this much detail.
Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment