Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Ivanpah Valley really needs your help folks!

And there is something you can do right now to help out.

I came across this article on Wikipedia the other day and it has obviously
been written by a BrightSource Energy staffer. I will post the link at the bottom
of this page for your perusal, just bear with me for a couple of minutes.

Understand that to a lot of folks, Wikipedia is like the Encyclopedia Britannica
of the internet. But what they don’t know is that anyone can add to an article,
anyone can edit it.

What set me off was how the writer glossed over the environmental impacts of
the project, to be honest, it really p---ed me off!

Of course, the best way to get even is to provide corrected information.

And this I have attempted to do. When you read the article, go down to the environmental
section, my correction starts with”The project site area is thousands of acres of land that is adjacent to the Mojave National Preserve, the Mesquite Wilderness and Stateline Wilderness Areas.” The rest of the text of that section is mine and ends with “not from a computer model or spreadsheet.”

Now I am in contact with some folks and have told then feel free to edit my words,
whatever they need to do, as I am no expert like they are. I extend the same invitation
to you, my readers, as well.

This article is in dire need of a factual update and there are some glitches in the Wiki
programming. For instance, I couldn’t figure out how to add my bloglinks to the external
links section. I thought it would be nice to counteract the article with actual photos and
videos, but evidently there are some issues there.

Folks, last time I asked for something, the silence was deafening. You don’t have to send
me money or spend a day riding with me to stateline. From the comfort of your home, you
really can make a difference. Please help by joining us in editing this incorrect entry
in the internet encyclopedia.

Here is the link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivanpah_Solar_Power_Facility

Morongobill

 

No comments:

Post a Comment