Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wow, my little blog has been getting some “very important visitors”! Look here for the details!

Long time visitors to the backporch know that, although sometimes I might be a little
long on hyperbole, usually I also provide some facts that justify my opinions. Today
is just such a post.

When I started the backporch, I really had no idea where it would go except that, the
blog would be about the Mojave Desert and the Mojave National Preserve in large
part, and that I would have ads on the site with the goal of supplementing my retirement
in around 7 years or so.

Well, this little old blog is still here and has been limping along with a few visitors daily,
not going to win any awards but also not going to be pointed out as an example of the
”worst that the internet has to offer” either. But unbeknownst to me until recently, evidently
I have made the radar screen on some very important institutions, movers and shakers
so to speak.

Some of you may have heard this or if you haven’t, what follows will be a real eye opener.
Whenever you visit a place on the world wide web you leave all kind of detritus behind in
your wake and oftentimes the server you visit keeps a record of your stopping by. This
is so that on a future visit, they can tailor content to your interests based on your previous
visit or can throw ads at you next time.

I am telling you this upfront. When you visit the overwhelming majority of sites on the net,
the servers place a “cookie” on your machine, a little bit of text, relax it isn’t a virus or
anything bad, my machine is full of them, the purpose of which is to prepare the site for
your next visit. I assure you without equivocation, no tracking cookies are placed on
your machine from my site, however, I do know your entry point to my site, where you
came from,i.e.google,yahoo,etc and your exit link.

Now getting to the main point of the post today. I promised news of bigtime players visiting
this site and I am going to deliver today.

My number one visitor is from the San Francisco bay area and has visited my site 97 times
in the last few months. I thank Mr or Ms. X for the visits and hope they continue. I would
like to point out though that this area is the home base of a well known renewable energy
company that I have repeatedly skewered, lambasted, and lampooned on this site many
times. I would really be curious to know if that really is who is visiting me, perhaps a staffer
assigned to keep an eye out on this blog,hhhhmmmm?

Here is another well known national and international legal firm(one of the top 20 law firms
in this country) that has visited my little insignificant blog at least two times-the proof
below.
ScreenHunter_02 Jun. 16 11.52 
This is a major legal player in the California energy market, their visit record below:
ScreenHunter_04 Jun. 16 12.03

And here is where the builder-to-be for the Ivanpah project checked in to see little ole me!
ScreenHunter_05 Jun. 16 12.05

The world’s largest and most famous engineering firm visited Morongobills Backporch not once but several times. Man, I am sh----g in the high cotton now as we used to say back home!

Here are a few more famous visitors presented without fanfare!
ScreenHunter_06 Jun. 16 12.09

ScreenHunter_07 Jun. 16 12.10

ScreenHunter_08 Jun. 16 12.12

ScreenHunter_09 Jun. 16 12.15

ScreenHunter_10 Jun. 16 12.17

ScreenHunter_11 Jun. 16 12.17

ScreenHunter_12 Jun. 16 12.18

ScreenHunter_13 Jun. 16 12.19

ScreenHunter_14 Jun. 16 12.20

ScreenHunter_15 Jun. 16 12.21

Yes I am pretty pleased that my little corner of the web is getting such high faluting visitors.
Let me say now, welcome all you vip’s! Come back anytime, and next time instead of lurking please feel free to leave a comment or even email me at morongobill@gmail.com, I
welcome your guest article submissions which I will publish “as-is” with my comments also
and would be interested in interviewing any of you for this blog.

A note to my fellow environmental bloggers- you might want to check out your activity logs on your own sites for a list of interesting visitors as well.

Thanks to one and all, famous or not famous, rich or poor, all of you who keep visiting the
backporch despite the journeyman writing and photography, and not even student quality
video work by yours truly, thank you for stopping by and please consider adding yourself as a follower here at the backporch!

Morongobill

As a parting gift, here is the activity on my site this am, look at the major players listed below, this is activity today June 16th.
ScreenHunter_01 Jun. 16 14.54

No comments:

Post a Comment