Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Another day, another talking head using the Gulf disaster to push for his giant solar, bulldozing the Mojave, agenda!

Folks, do me a favor and look above the backporch photo, and you will see I have
written a little something to try to get some help here. I am assuming that some of
you care for the deserts and wild places, here is an example of a small step you can take
that could really make a difference over the long run.

I will put a link at the bottom with an article by the head of the parent company that is
hoping to build several large concentrated solar power plants in the Mojave, in California and Nevada. I am referring to Solar Millenium. You remember, I blogged about this company asking the California Energy Commission to withdraw its’ Ridgecrest power
plant application for 2 years, while it basically goes back to square one to try to come
up with a new plan, with help from a noted and respected expert on rare species, that
in effect saves their bacon, as CEC staff said the project might not be okayed as written.

If you read the article, down at the bottom, as of when I am writing this post,are 3 comments.
My comment is number 3. I am suggesting and requesting that anyone reading this blog
is just as capable, probably more so, as I am and it would be a great moment, at this time,
to declare yourself, and get involved in this struggle. It’s easy. I am just a bus driver, dropped out of high school but got a g.e.d. after getting out of the navy, and have 3 years
of college where I studied business administration. You can do it, folks! Trust me, you
will really have a good feeling about yourself when you strike a blow on behalf
of the Mojave and other deserts, for the tortoises and badgers and mojave ground
squirrels and others, as well as the rare plants, some of which are found nowhere
else on earth.

We need your help. I am sorry to be so blunt but as we say back home in Georgia, it’s “nut-
cutting” time. The deserts need you, the animals need you, the plants need you.
When the wilderness is gone, it’s too late.

You don’t have to comment on this article and I am not trying to tell you what to say. All I
am saying is if you come across an article such as this, by all means please comment.
And tell your friends and family too. You have nothing to be ashamed of, and people will
admire you for standing up to the man. Here is the article that I referred to in this post.
http://www.renewableenergyworld.com/rea/news/article/2010/08/us-needs-to-act-quickly-to-develop-renewable-energy

Thank you,

Morongobill

No comments:

Post a Comment