Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Attention followers and readers, these folks need help and need it now. My check is going out today.

I make my living driving buses, not clipping bond coupons.

These folks make their living raising jojoba, a plant which grows in the desert and has
so many benefits, I can’t begin to name all of them.

I do know this, these folks, Donna and Larry Charpied, have fought a long time battle
to stop the Eagle Mountain land dump, what would be the largest in the world, next
doors basically to their property and smack dab under the nose of the Joshua Tree
National Park!

They have fought this battle for over 20 years, and we all thought they had won- and
now this. They won the case at the federal appellate court level and the polluters have
decided to appeal to the United States Supreme Court.

They need help now. It isn’t much but I’ll be sending a check today and I hope you
will too.

Funds are being accepted for payment for the attorney at this address, the organization
is a non-profit one set up by a fellow plaintiff in the case.

The Desert Protection Society
81557 Dr. Carreon Blvd # A-3
Indio CA, 92201

Make out the check to The Desert Protection Society.

Any amount will be a help, I am sending $25.00 myself.

Folks, they did not ask me to do this, I am making this appeal of my own volition because
even though I personally do not know them, I do know of them and all the great work they
have tirelessly and ceaselessly done on our behalf to save our desert heritage and our
Joshua Tree National Park.

And by the way, these are the people that I’m blogging about here.
http://morongobillsbackporch.blogspot.com/2010/05/desert-is-not-wasteland-check-out-this.html

Thank you for any help you can do. If you can’t contribute, please consider remembering
these fine people in your prayers.

Morongobill

 

No comments:

Post a Comment