Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Read ‘em and weep. The raping of the Mojave begins in earnest!

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/brightsource-energy-breaks-ground-on-ivanpah-solar-electric-generating-system-2010-10-27?reflink=MW_news_stmp

BrightSource's Ivanpah solar project breaks ground

Calif. Gov. Schwarzenegger Celebrates First-of-Its-Kind Renewable Energy Facility Groundbreaking

In California’s Mojave Desert,Solar-Thermal Projects Take Off

Here’s my comment to the Yale360 piece from my memory:

“Everybody is talking about California taking the lead in renewable energy, but no one
is talking about our taking the lead in destroying a functioning wilderness ecosystem”, or words
to that effect.
ivanpahfieldtrip 005

I noted with interest that a group called Desert Survivors was at the site protesting today. I keep
my ear to the ground and that was the first I heard of any planned protest action, of course I haven’t
surfed over to their site for a few months.

Perhaps if the word had gone out, maybe a few more people might have showed up, not that it
would matter to the Governator, the new sheriff in town Kennie Salazar, the BrightSource Energy high
muckedymucks, adnauseum.

As far as I am concerned, it sure as hell ain’t a day to celebrate a damn thing.

Morongobill

No comments:

Post a Comment