Sunday, November 7, 2010

For your amazement- Prince’s unbelievable lead guitar solo in “While my guitar gently weeps”- performed live with Tom Petty and others for George Harrison’s introduction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

It was a bit of rock and roll lore that I thought that I would never get to see and hear, but thanks to
the magic of the internet, I finally saw this and you should watch this too.

George Harrison was a great talent, the quiet Beatle, often overlooked, but after the breakup, his
work on “All things must Pass” and other works showed that he was a creative force also, it just
wasn’t the John and Paul show.

My favorite George Harrison song which he wrote, and sang with the Beatles has to be “Here comes
the sun.” That song always does something to me whenever I hear it.

Music is subject to interpretation and reinterpretation, George knew that, look how the Beatles redid
”Twist and shout” as one example. So I think this show, in which his son performed also, along with
Tom Petty, Jeff Lynne, Prince and others, would have made George proud.

So without further talk, here is the performance which I have 2 videos embedded, the first zeroes in on Prince’s solo and the 2nd is the whole song performed in full.

Enjoy.

Prince in the red hat about to do some serious rocking.

See folks, this blog rocks!-----occasionally.

Morongobill

No comments:

Post a Comment