Sunday, January 9, 2011

Not so fast on that "last post." And an inspiring story.

Turns out the grass may not be greener after all.

What I have found out is the other side of the street has a few glitches and a steep learning curve as well.

The main drawbacks across the street are no free embedding of video, no youtube or vimeo also, seems like any extra costs money. Over there unless you pay to keep them off, ads will be displayed and the blogger doesn't get any of it, again unless you get a premium account. At google, the blogger has control whether any ads are displayed, at least so far google doesn't insist on them.

I know this is really boring as all get out, but I feel like sharing it with somebody.

Sometimes I just get an urge to write, lately I have had real writer's block issues but since I told myself and meant it, that I'll write about what catches my interest, I have felt a little bit less self imposed pressure and the block appears to have been lifted slightly.

One last thought, if anyone has advice or thoughts about all this, feel free to make a comment here.

Here is what I would like to share with you guys today. Have you heard of or seen the video of a homeless guy in Ohio who has the most amazing voice and have you heard of his story and how it is playing out? Here is a link to the CBS video, unfortunately I can't
get blogger to embed it. His name is Ted Williams.
Homeless man, golden voice


Good luck Mr Williams and I hope things keep looking up for you.


We wish you all the best
.
Morongobill

No comments:

Post a Comment