Sunday, February 27, 2011

Jumping on the podcast bandwagon, hope I don’t fall off and get run over.

If you look on the left side of the page you will see a new box entitled
”Morongobill’s Backporch Podcast.” This is from a web outfit called
Cinchcast, and I heard about it from Chris Clarke’s Coyote Crossing site.
Relax, there’s no charge and no ads that I can see.

When you put up audio, it’s called a cinch. My first cinch is a little blurb
about this blog. The second is a horrible recording I made with my cell phone
of remarks I made at a state hearing in Ontario on September 8, 2010 which
I blogged about at the time. This is a poor quality recording, the original from
my phone I also put up in real audio format at my google file site. That would
be the best way to listen I guess. The post I did at the time is in my September, 2010 archives- sorry my net connection is down as I type this so I can’t link
to it now.

This is a good way to get some of my voice notes that I have made on desert hikes up on the site, my problem is getting them to the site in better quality.
They are setup to call in on a phone, or to use an Iphone or Android app, or to record on the computer. So I need to figure out a way to somehow copy the file
or connect directly somehow.

If I can’t figure that part out, this may be a short lived experiment, because my hikes are not usually where I have cell phone reception Sad smile

I really would like to put up a voice recording about the Mojave Cross that I made recently while at Sunrise Rock, for now I will keep trying to figure the
whole process out.

Let me know what you think about it.

Morongobill

No comments:

Post a Comment