Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sure would be nice to catch the desert flower blooming this year- in person ideally.

I hear that the blooming has started in a few areas, but evidently not on Hwy 62
just yet.

Last year about this time I believe I visited the site of the proposed Tessera Calico solar facility, now taken over by Goldman Sach’s sister company, K Road solar, where I saw the lava fields along side Interstate 40 near Hector Mine Road, alive with wildflowers.

I didn’t take any photos unfortunately at that location, only a short video which
I seem to have misplaced. Once found, I’ll add it to this post.

Of course the place to go is the DesertUSA website for the wildflower blooming
reports there. These seem to be the most up-to-date ones and once I get a 3 day weekend, I will be heading up. Who knows, if I hear of a great spot, relatively close, say to Morongo Valley, Palm Springs, or Joshua Tree, I may go
sooner on a regular weekend, which for me is now on Sunday and Monday.

If anybody knows where the flowers are blooming now please send me an email or make a comment.

Morongobill

No comments:

Post a Comment