Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Bloggers(actually all my readers), I have found a couple of easy2use & FREE video programs!

These work together very well and are from the folks at Freemake. No spyware
and no gimmicks and no adware. I have been using the video converter program for a couple of months and found that it works right out of the install, easily and intuitively, and best of all to this tight as bark off the tree blogger,
it is free!

Now don’t expect this to allow you to become a Hollywood film editor or award
winning cinematographer, what it does is allow you to easily take your huge
digicam or camcorder files from the camera and reduce those gargantuan size files down to a smaller and more easily downloaded by the average person who doesn’t have a t-3 line dedicated to their system. In other words, get your video out to the largest number of people and at a size that they will be so thankful for that they will not come looking for you with a baseball bat.

Here is a screen shot showing the basics:
ScreenHunter_01 May. 10 10.13

Just click the blue video button, a dialogue screen opens and you choose the file to convert, next you scroll along the bottom and click one of the green circles, I chose “to flv” or flash video format which is much smaller and still has
good quality, and another box opens up:
ScreenHunter_02 May. 10 10.17

You click the Convert button and it does the rest, and putting the new file in an output folder that you specify. It doesn’t get any easier than this.

That is Freemake Video Converter. Now for Freemake Video Downloader.

Here is the opening screenshot:
ScreenHunter_03 May. 10 10.20

Look at all the supported sites! I regularly go to Youtube and Vimeo, I actually
have accounts at both, just go to either and search for morongobill, sorry I
couldn’t stop myself from making that shameless plug for my poorly shot but
well converted videos!

Here is an interesting feature for parents out there. There is a way to lock out adult sites, just click options, and follow the directions.

How many times did I look for old video footage like the Beatle’s famous and legendary Apple rooftop lunch concert and only be able to watch a streaming video with no way to save it to my laptop. Well that’s one less problem that this blogger has to worry about now, thanks to the folks at Freemake.

The more cynical among you might be suspecting that perhaps I am being paid by Freemake to write this. I don’t think so considering the low number of visitors lately to my site- I don’t think they’d pay a small time boutique blogger to shill a free program, not exactly a business model leading to commercial success.

No, after struggling in the salt mines for so long, it is worth shouting to the rooftops for a free program that actually works, allowing me to devote less time to the little details that have a way of sucking up all the limited free time that I have had lately to devote to this blog.

Here is the link to the company if you would like to try out these programs, and feel free to comment here on your experiences with these or other programs you might have used in your blogging “career” Winking smile

Click here to go to Freemake's site

ScreenHunter_04 May. 10 10.49

You can even download from Comedy Central! Oh boy, guess there won’t be many blog posts for a while.

Coming up soon, hopefully today, a trip report for my latest Big Morongo Canyon Nature Preserve hike, which I made with a hiking buddy from the area, and where we ran into a blog reader coming down the canyon trail, as we were making our way back up from visiting Senor Cottonwood.

Morongobill

No comments:

Post a Comment