Monday, May 9, 2011

Just put some interesting stuff up at my Scribd page, feel free to surf on over and check it out. Re: renewable energy.

http://www.scribd.com/morongobill

Added links to information from the California State Land Commission which
is responsible for management of the 400,000+ acres of “School Lands” and
over 4 million acres of sovereign land.

There is some real good stuff there, of particular interest to some of you may be the presentations Part 1 and 2 of the areas of optimal renewable energy potential: transmission, wind, and solar.

Anybody like to venture a guess as to what area of the state has the most potential? Hint- the endangered desert tortoise lives there.

I also put up more information on some of the renewable energy bills making their way through the California Assembly, including a couple favored by our
old “friends” over at BrightSource Energy, you know the benevolent solar energy developer that invented a new way to transplant plant species- by
running them through a woodchipper. Boy with friends like the BS’er’s, the deserts don’t need anymore enemies!

For your info, I also found a bill that I think followers of this blog will like, a responsible approach to renewable energy facility siting, a bill that would encourage these plants to be built on degraded lands such as brownfields, farm land which due to lack of water is fallow, and closed up landfills for example. Details over at my Scribd page. And by the way, feel free to follow me over at Scribd.

Here is a sample of what I am talking about, from my Scribd page:

I know quite a few of my readers are way more sophisticated than this old country boy. If you have more information on anything listed over at my Scribd page, or if you disagree with me, by all means feel free to let us know via a reply on my Scribd link, or commenting here, or sending me an email. As you saw the other day, I am very careful about publishing email from my readers and will ask you for permission to publish, if I think the information is something other readers would like to know about.

Here is an example of a map from the CSLC site via a screenshot off my laptop.
ScreenHunter_01 May. 09 22.43

Note if you will the “dagger sticking into the Mojave National Preserve on the right side, see the red squares?
Do you see the pink squares inside the preserve?
ScreenHunter_02 May. 09 22.43

Those are school lands, owned by the state of California, the interest
of which is to generate revenue for the retired teachers pension fund, among
other things, and probably balancing this state’s sorry excuse for a budget.

Now do you see why I am concerned? Head on over to my Scribd page, your fresh eyes may see something that mine may have missed.

Morongobill

No comments:

Post a Comment