Wednesday, June 29, 2011

New video from the Huntington Beach Solar Carports at City Hall + a preview of things to come on the backporch.

Went back in my trolley last night, and filmed this short video prior to my first run.

There were technical problems, no sound, which have now been corrected. Unfortunately there is now a 36 meg file size.

Solar energy side by side with oil wells, the old and new.

If you listen carefully you can hear the “horsehead” or oil derrick going up and down.
062811huntbchsolar 004

Fresh solar panels up on top of the carport, with my trolley to the right and the oil well pumping away just to the
left of my trolley in the background.

Folks, some changes are coming down the pike to the backporch.

I have discovered that I enjoy writing positive posts, even though I feel
that I write negatively a lot better.
Sometimes when I am on a rant roll, the
posts seem to write themselves, which makes the job easier, but often leave me depressed, because I know that I am accomplishing exactly nothing, and am influencing exactly no one.

So why get all worked up for naught? Sure it felt good, I must confess, to excoriate Brune of the Sierra Club the other day, but so what? In the grand scheme of things, he exists in the policy maker’s world with access to the elites who are making the decisions, I, on the other hand, am just a little grain of sand on a big sandy beach----- you catch my drift.

Now I am not saying that I won’t fly off the handle again in the future, but I will try to make it less a rant and try to offer up an alternative scenario, fair enough?

One thing I would like to do is offer up the backporch forum to guest writers if any are so inclined. Sorry, the pay is bad, zero as there is zero add revenue,
but if you would like a soapbox and don’t mind the pay and non-existent benefits, shoot me an email with an idea you might like to write about and a little about yourself for the introduction. The only rule is write nothing that you can be sued for libel over and hold back on the profanity if at all possible.

I am particularly interested in hearing from young folks with opinions about wilderness issues etc and especially in getting trip reports from desert excursions, especially by bicycle, and also anything related to the Mojave National Preserve.

So all this being said, let me tell you that I have noticed a correlation between working lots of hours and a decline in my number of posts, which is why I haven’t written much this month. That’s why I haven’t done too much lately.

For example, I recently traveled to the Whitewater Canyon Nature Preserve along with a friend and fellow blogger Lee Murray, where I took a bunch of
photos and videos, and still haven’t gotten around to blogging about the trip!
060111whitewaterpreserve 058

In addition, I am about to purchase a new vehicle in 2 or 3 months, when the
morongomobile is paid off, and I am now leaning to acquiring a motor scooter, not the little Vespa but a big one like the 600 cc Honda SilverWing I looked at today, or the Suzuki Burgman 650 or 400; regardless I will not buy anything until I take a look at the 2012 Yamaha Majesty due to be in dealer showrooms this August. The morongoscooter, I like that.

So if you own a scooter or have experience with them, pluses or minuses, perhaps you would consider writing a guest post about it for the backporch, it
would be my honor to publish it. Just think about, I won’t twist any arms.

So again we part, hope to see and read you here soon!

Morongobill

No comments:

Post a Comment