Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A change in direction, under contemplation for some time.

Scroll up the page if you will and look for this section.
ScreenHunter_01 Jul. 20 08.47

Sometimes you need to know whether you should fold or when to go all in.
Like some of my fellow bloggers, I have been wallowing in negativity for a long
time; let me rephrase that, they were able to move on, I wasn’t and have been
in some sort of endless negative feedback loop for a long time, all over the
loss of Ivanpah to the solar robber barons developers and what I feel was a totally unnecessary loss at that.

No more.

I will leave it to others to chronicle the continuing, ongoing, never ending heart
break unfolding in my our
beloved Mojave Desert.

I just can’t do this anymore, sorry.

Starting now, a new backporch is in the works, the purpose of which will be to
document the Mojave as it exists today, as it is enjoyed today, as it is remembered today- before the holocaust began.

Strong words, yes, but honestly written and heartfelt, to this blogger.

I can think of no others which describe for me the damage inflicted upon this vibrant ecosystem by misguided fools and knaves, in the guise of stopping
climate change.

For the last time here, I sincerely hope that they will burn in hell for what they have, are, and will do the Mojave and other wilderness.

It will get much worse and will not get any better, take it to the bank. Such
stupid and clueless shills, absolutely determined to remake nature in their image-----

No more rants, I had to get it out of my system.

I have heard here in comments and private emails, that folks would like to see the desert. I can appreciate that. But time is of the essence here folks. Talk is cheap. If you are sincere, I suggest you get off the damn pot and head to California or Nevada and visit the Mojave while it still looks like a desert, you know before it totally is transformed to Great industrialised Mojave Desert.

And when you come, bring your camera and your video gear. Document your visit, especially the plants, animals, and scenic views that you encounter. Then feel free to contact me and we will put them up here on the backporch, with credit to you, and my thanks as well as the readers’ for sharing.

I plan on starting this process with a secret destination, only secret while I figure out the logistics, remember that I don’t have 4wd or unlimited funds, but I think it will be fun for me, and fun for you to view.

Remember that I am only one person, the Mojave is huge, and would take several lifetimes to explore, so I could use a little help here. If you have video or photos laying around, and if you don’t mind sharing, or writing a trip report, please contact me and I will post it. Or set up your own blog, and start posting about your experiences, and I will link to it here.

In the meantime, those of you who have been hanging around here for a long time and have an interest in my other scribblings, let me advise you that I am bringing my other blog out of the deep freeze and will be re-blogging about other matters here.

Thanks to all for dropping by and make those travel plans. The fall is a great time to visit the Mojave.

Morongobill

No comments:

Post a Comment