Monday, July 25, 2011

Five long years+ bonus video”Why does love got to be so sad?”

One of Eric Clapton’s greatest blues jams ever in my opinion.

This is from a 2003 concert in Japan.

It never stops amazing me how Eric can sing and belt out great blues or rock
lead riffs, without even watching his fingers.

Not many of the greats had that ability.

Shucking steel like a slave, a great lyric from Eric’s cover of an Eddie Boyd tune.

I just answered a comment on the recent Warren and Derek blues post, and I
needed to post some music just as awe inspiring, at least to this blogger.

Rock on. By the way, this is one of many great blues tracks on my favorite Clapton album, "From the cradle."
As promised here is a bonus video, a montage of photos set to one of the best jams off “Layla” by Derek and the Dominoes, the ending guitars- Eric and Duane never fail to bring tears to my eyes.

Blistering guitar work, great lyrics and vocals. Truly one of the little known all time great rock and roll songs.

I think sometimes the Lord comes to us in music, surely it happens in this song.

Morongobill

No comments:

Post a Comment