Monday, August 1, 2011

Found this gem at a new blog I follow, perfect for the times with news of the budget “deal.”


http://billhicksisdead.blogspot.com/2010/10/downward-spiral-requiem-for-american.html

This blog is a new addition to blogs that I am following and I strongly encourage you to read the link above.

Why?

Because the fictional couple mentioned are a perfect microcosm of what went on here in this country in the last few years. I can identify with some of the events written about, and I bet you will too. How many of us know of someone whose unemployment benefits have run out, or someone who has just disappeared, maybe because of shame at their financial predicament?

The writer of the blog used to write about the “Peak oil” theory, I don’t know enough about that to comment, but I know interesting writing when I see it, and this stuff is fascinating to me.

Check it out, it’s a great read.

Morongobill

 

No comments:

Post a Comment