Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Just can’t get enough of the Mojave National Preserve- check out what I am reading this morning.

ScreenHunter_03 Nov. 22 06.32

Yes, I am reading the latest trip report from our friend at drycyclist.com. This particular page can be accessed here. I am really glad that he spent time in the Castle Peaks area and documented it on his site. I have always wanted to visit there but have been worried about the morongomobile breaking down or
getting hung up or something. The main site page for this trip made in May 2011 is in the link below. At the bottom left side of his main page are links to
other trips he has made there over the last 10 years or so.

http://mojave2011.drycyclist.com/main.php

I have traveled through the preserve off and on for about 15 years or so. But
my knowledge of the area, as they say back home, is a mile wide and an inch deep. This man has an intimate knowledge of the area, from the vantage point
of his Ten Ton bike as he calls it, traveling the main roads, mining roads, etc
to almost every nook and cranny of the preserve.

Did it again, couldn’t help going back to his pages, and reading- this picture is from a couple of pages further, as he made his way up to a small valley there between some of the pinnacles of Castle Peaks. I just love reading this kind of stuff.
ScreenHunter_04 Nov. 22 06.48

I like the little detail there, the name and scientific name of the plant in
the foreground. I probably would have called it a dandelion!

Alright folks, that’s all for me today. May I suggest that you join me
perusing the many interesting trip report pages on the adventures to
be found in the Mojave National Preserve?

You want even have to ride a Ten Ton Bike in, just enjoy it from the comfort
of your computer chair.

Morongobill

No comments:

Post a Comment