Tuesday, December 13, 2011

First post attempt with new tablet

Here is the link to a later post in which I give my final opinion on the Asus Transformer. http://morongobillsbackporch.blogspot.com/2012/01/verdict-is-in-on-my-new-asus.html
This ain't gonna work out at all, very slow and tentative.

I am attempting this on my new Asus Eeepad transformer. I knew that I should have
bought the keyboard dock as well.

Late addition:
I am sitting in my trolley at a construction site waiting for the vip's to come out, and I thought I would add a few more comments.

I originally planned on buying one of the Lenovo Ideapads but saw that for a hundred bucks more, I could get
what the reviewer's say is the hottest Android pad out, so I bought the Asus Transformer. I do plan on doubling down, by also getting the keyboard dock soon.

At the time, it seemed like a good idea. I remember hauling my laptop in my day peak up the side of Kessler
Peak in the Mojave National Preserve, doing a short video and then continuing with the hike. Of course, it nearly yanked my back out of place, lugging it up the hillside but I don't want to dwell on that aspect. That event really got me to thinking tablet pc, small enough to not weigh too much, and capable of filming video and then uploading to youtube as well.


What I never counted on, having never had a smart phone to practice on, was how hard it is for me to type with this screen keyboard. You talk about a learning curve- too bad, I better start learning asap as I can't take it back.


Here is an image showing the one I bought.
image from amazon.com 2011.


We will see how it goes. By the way, the late addition was typed out on my laptop ;-)


Morongobill




No comments:

Post a Comment