Friday, January 20, 2012

Self criticism and an invitation.

Consider the title as an invitation to pile on Thumbs up, I am a big boy, I can take it.

The behind the scenes look at this blog journey shows a lot of posting during
the first year, when I was underemployed and had lots of free time(slow time in
the bus business), was on a mission(try to stop Ivanpah), and a few personal
issues. Some have asked about the drop in activity here, that is the straight
answer to the question.

Several friends have told me that I write best when mad, that is true. But as one mentioned in an email, negativity; negativity I feel was poisoning me,slowly but surely.

It took a long while to finally get it- that I was making exactly no headway with
my criticisms, getting more and more worked up, on the way to a stroke, whatever, the time came to back off, and move on to more peaceful writing,
and to spend time enjoying this Mojave Desert that I love, while the time and
enjoy remain to me to enjoy it.

Here is a quote from the writer whose home site I visited recently, Marshal
South, which sums up my feelings about the desert:

“The desert! Either you will love it or you will hate it. If you hate it you will fly from it and never wish to see its face again. If you love it, it will hold you and
draw you as will no other land on earth.”- Marshal South

I love it. I would like to live out my remaining days there. I would like to show
others the beauty of it. And of course, I would like to help save it.

I will do what I can.

I hope that you will join me, in whatever way that you can.

It is my fervent wish to see you out on the trail.

Morongobill

 

No comments:

Post a Comment