Tuesday, February 21, 2012

“Confessions of a recovering environmentalist” by Paul Kingsnorth- read it if you want to know where some of us are coming from when we oppose desert destruction.

Relevant excerpts posted here as screenshots with comments, the full article can be read online here. The Morongobill has just this second finished subscribing to this fine magazine for  two years and I suggest you support it also.

Let me first however say how much I admire this man’s writing skills and how I
felt he had been reading my mind- this is just how I feel but have been unable to express to everyone.
Here is the relevant information that I identify with most strongly.

ScreenHunter_06 Feb. 21 10.32

Folks, the above attitude is what I meant when I coined the phrase “carbonmentalism” and
”carbonmentalist(s.)” His paragraph below illustrates what I meant when I mention the attitudes
of the “carbonmentalists” when someone dares to oppose their viewpoint, kind of like that
expressed by some of the hardshell religious sects when you bring up young people dancing
or other such “licentious” behavior.

 

ScreenHunter_08 Feb. 21 10.33ScreenHunter_07 Feb. 21 10.32

Actually no commentary from me can add, but only detract to this
writer’s words. If you haven’t already done so, click here to read
this absolutely fantastic article. And do consider subscribing.

Coming next as soon as I figure out how to transfer the photographs from
my new Asus Transformer tablet pc to my laptop, proof that at least one government agency does in fact support local power, local distributed power generation, and in a big way.

Morongobill

No comments:

Post a Comment