Saturday, February 18, 2012

I guess “climate change” trumps everything.

Of couuuurrrrrrssssseeeee, I am referring to those paragons of wilderness
preservation, those died-in-the-wool environmental saviors, the modern
day environmental messiahs
- the signatories to a recent letter to the Secretary of the Interior, Ken Salazar. Here are screen shots of their signatures
at the bottom of the letter.
ScreenHunter_01 Feb. 18 18.52

ScreenHunter_02 Feb. 18 18.53

ScreenHunter_03 Feb. 18 18.54

Question for you- can you find the true blue environmental groups listed up
above? Scroll back up, we’ll wait for you.

Find them?

What’s that you said? You said you didn’t see any listed above?

Exactly, there aren’t any listed up above as signatories to this document!

Oh, I am accusing them without providing the evidence? Where is this document located? On the web, go look for it.

Okay, Bill I know you’re tired from working all those hours but you need to give
the folks visiting some information.

go here to view this letter in Adobe Acrobat format.

I bet you haven’t even opened that link yet.

That’s okay, you are not alone. Or if you did open it, you probably can’t understand it.

It’s okay, see one thing that you need to know is that these people really don’t want you to know what is going on; if they wrote it in simple english- what we
speak everyday to our friends and families- We the People might actually rise
up and do something about it.

Nah, people are too busy watching television or playing with their Smartphones.

You want to know something people? I am finally, at long last, after almost
two years of tossing out a few ideas here and there, starting to get it. Now,
I know that maybe, just maybe I may be a few bricks shy of a load, and a
little bit naive- but I think I understand now-

Most people just do not give a damn about wilderness.
And while I am on the subject, they define wilderness as having trees on it. Last time I visited the Ivanpah Valley, I didn’t see a lot of trees. Maybe that is what is
going on- why arguments put forward opposing the
industrialists siting of these solar projects in the deserts vs rooftops seem to be not gaining traction quickly enough to dent the other side’s momentum.

But even though I have evidently been wrong all along, I can relate something that I saw today with my own eyes, that I am quite sure most of you will be
interested in. Today while driving a bus through downtown Brentwood, I
observed about 8 or 9 papparrazzi, sue me if I misspelled that, taking pictures of a young couple pushing a stroller across the street, and my passenger aboard assured me that they were photographing Jessica Alba!

You know I am going to tell you guys something right now. I have f---ing had it
with this modern culture, this age of television and spreadsheets- with the whole damned mess.

The only antidote for all the poison forced down my throat, by this modern day society is to get the hell out of Dodge, to go somewhere far away, a night and day opposite from this fast paced, don’t give a hoot about anyone but me
“civilization.”

And I am really fed up with people such as the ones who signed off on this
ongoing theft of our public lands, all in the guise of saving this planet from
the horrible ravages of cliiiiiimate chaaaaaannnnngggggeeeee.

I will be back here as soon as I get some desert time.

While there are still awesome landscape views that do not include a solar heliostat or a wind turbine.

Whether or not you will be is up in the air.

Can’t say I blame you if you shake the dust off your keyboard and never return.

Good bye.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment