Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Some video from the hike at Big Morongo Canyon Nature Preserve yesterday. Sorry no bighorn video.

As mentioned yesterday, my bighorn videos, filmed at extreme range with no
image stabilization and shaky hands were worthless. However, I did have 3 fairly good videos, all short, that you might be interested in viewing. The first one is the now running stream dropping down the mini waterfall, the second is where the seasonal stream ends, flowing back into the ground, and the third is when I come upon that ancient cottonwood tree on the canyon trail- all shot
at Big Morongo Canyon Nature Preserve in southern California.

babbling brook in the desert

stream flows back underground here

May I introduce you to senor cottonwood?

You know with my gps, I have Senor Cottonwood’s exact location. Here is a
google earth screen shot- there he is where the trail doglegs.
ScreenHunter_01 Feb. 07 09.12

Senor Cottonwood is the big tree directly above the letter “d” in cottonwood on top of the dirt trail.
Below is where I spotted the bighorn ram and his harem Winking smile
ScreenHunter_02 Feb. 07 09.15

First spotted him when he came down on the lower slope near the bottom of that yellow marker. I saw the white
patch on his rump first, which really stood out- the color seemed so out of place.

Well that does it for this trip up. Hope you enjoyed it.

Morongobill

No comments:

Post a Comment