Monday, February 13, 2012

To hell with Youtube and Google- pulling all my videos-see this post for the reasons why.

Take a look. I don’t know how or why the Google search engine is screwing
up so bad, and I really don’t care. On the one hand, the name “Morongobill”
is out there, but on the other, it appears that folks are vaulting somehow to the top of the video search pile, somehow piggybacking upon me.

Here is the proof from the first 3 pages of search, under the term “mojave cross.” Similar results if you looked under the term "mojave desert cross.”

I probably will end up posting all over at my account at Vimeo.

These are screen shots, the page number is at the bottom.

One thing is for sure, a lot of people thanks to Google are get some bad links now.

ScreenHunter_01 Feb. 13 17.49

ScreenHunter_02 Feb. 13 17.50

ScreenHunter_03 Feb. 13 17.50

ScreenHunter_04 Feb. 13 17.51

ScreenHunter_05 Feb. 13 17.51

ScreenHunter_06 Feb. 13 17.52

ScreenHunter_07 Feb. 13 17.52

ScreenHunter_08 Feb. 13 17.53

ScreenHunter_09 Feb. 13 17.53

ScreenHunter_10 Feb. 13 17.54

ScreenHunter_12 Feb. 13 17.54

ScreenHunter_13 Feb. 13 17.55

The above link in particular really frosts my bottom. That is not me in that picture and I did not
video that individual. Amazing algorithms by Google!

ScreenHunter_14 Feb. 13 17.55ScreenHunter_15 Feb. 13 17.56ScreenHunter_16 Feb. 13 17.56

All these mistakes just in the first 3 pages! Proof positive of what I have
been saying for a long time, regarding Google software being buggy.
I visited several of those links thinking perhaps I had been linked somehow
by whoever put up the videos but that was not the case. Nowhere was the
name Morongobill anywhere on the video pages nor was I mentioned by them.

So it is all Google.

I know that I do have some ability to get my site high up on Google’s search results but this is high up in the opposite way- I prefer high results generated by the tags used when I post, not from algorithm error.

I first noticed errors like this with my Marshal South Yaquitepec videos
which I pulled from Youtube and sent to Vimeo. Guess I should have
done them all then.

Goodbye Youtube, the videos should all be gone within the next 10 minutes or so.

Morongobill

No comments:

Post a Comment