Saturday, March 24, 2012

Back from my little trip to the Ozarks, here are a few pics and some news.

First the news. The Asus Eeepad is no longer in my possession, I have given
it to my brother in Arkansas. It is his problem now.

I left driving out from his place at 0645 California time yesterday morning, and pulled into my driveway about 1330 this afternoon. 1591 hard miles under my belt. The Morongomobile handled the long drive with ease and gas mileage
ranged from 30 to a high of 32.4 miles per gallon; remember this is a large car
here.

I still haven’t went to sleep yet.

It rained almost everyday of my trip and hard everyday while at my brother’s place in the foothills. Despite that, none of us came down with cabin fever.

Here are the photo’s, the first is a quick shot of one of their Yorkshires.
032012arkansas_pics 187

What are you looking at?
032012arkansas_pics 177

They will write you a ticket in Arkansas and Oklahoma for going one mile over the speed limit. Don’t believe me, believe
this sign.
032012arkansas_pics 175

The Morongobill’s reading material at a motel in Clinton, Oklahoma. I decided to stay for one night here due to the awful
weather in the Oklahoma City area on this day.
The following shots were taken in Oklahoma out closer to the stateline area where there is a lot of wind.
arkansas_fuji 002

arkansas_fuji 003

arkansas_fuji 004

I saw quite a few wind turbines in Texas and Oklahoma off I-40. This is a very
windy plain and if the farmers and ranchers decide they would like to allow these turbines to be put up, I don’t have a problem with it.

Glad to be back in the saddle, so to speak.

Come back again any time.

Morongobill

No comments:

Post a Comment