Sunday, March 11, 2012

Videos from Thursday’s desert mountain ridge hike. And a bonus video.

The other day I went back out to the windmill area off I-10 and Hwy 111 on the
way to Palm Springs, to get away from the crowds and see if I couldn’t get a
little higher up that staircase like ridge line which appears to head all the way
up near the summit of Mt. San Jacinto, and the wind almost blew me off the ridge, so I didn’t get too far.

Here are a few videos taken up there, a mini trip report with the photos taken
will be up soon. Oh, an interesting text came in from my brother commenting
on my almost being blown off by the wind- “you ain’t lost that much weight!”Sad smile

Desert ridge hike 2 from bill mcdonald on Vimeo.

On a ridge of Mt San Jacinto near the windmills off I-10 near Palm Springs. It was a very windy day and I almost got blown right off the ridge a couple of times.

Go ahead, try to walk down that slope.
Let’s go hiking.

Well I just discovered a glitch using Vimeo plugins with Windows Live Writer.
I cannot get the video to relocate below the one on the left, they both work so
just click on one to watch, then the other, or click both at the same time for the immersion experience!

Here is a bonus video and a link to the site where I found it. And yes, I am thinking about buying this three thousand dollar, body only camera.

Joy Ride from Sandro on Vimeo.

A film by Sandro shot with the Nikon D800.

Director: Sandro
Editor: Alaster Jordan / Whitehouse
Music: Yessian
Production: Cap Gun

View the Behind the Scenes Video shot by the Nikon Crew: http://vimeo.com/36306101

http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/31908/d800/
 

I must be losing my mind.

Morongobill

 

No comments:

Post a Comment