Saturday, April 28, 2012

Pre- construction Ivanpah solar site videos now going online again.

I know, I know, I promised a few weeks ago that I was going to start
uploading videos to my Vimeo page. So give me the death penalty, okay?
Just kidding, a little gallows humor to start your day.

At long last, I have just paid my annual fee and upgraded to the Plus
level at Vimeo, now I can have more than one channel and can upload more videos weekly, along with having the video processed immediately instead of
sitting in a cue along with the other free basic accounts.

So I have created my first channel which will be devoted to my videos taken
during my hikes at the Ivanpah SEGS site, prior to the beginning of the construction of that solar farm, and before they starting mowing the vegetation
and clearing all the myriad critters that lived at that complete and functioning
ecosystem; contrary to what John Woolard and others said, paraphrasing now-
because there is a golf course nearby, and a few dirt roads, and a few cattle grazed on in spots- why it was land perfect for siting a solar farm!
ScreenHunter_01 Apr. 28 08.57
The above video still is from the first video added to the channel going up today. This was the view of
the future project site from about 2-3 miles away. This video was made in 3/2010.

Never mind that it turned out to have a ton of desert tortoises on it, we will just ignore that little factoid.

Other channels coming, Ivanpah construction, Mojave National Preserve, Big Morongo Canyon Nature Preserve- you catch my drift, I am sure.

Yes, folks, I am aware of my limitations as a videographer- if you want to see
an example of work done by a real videographer involving the Mojave, while at
Vimeo look for Robert Lundahl. My videos really are record shots of how things
were at the time that the video was made, that is their sole purpose.

So this will take quite a bit of time, and the easiest way to view them, until I can
get them all up and redo all my links in 2 years of blogging, is as you come to this site to view a post, if it has video and you click on it, if it says “removed by user” or if it has youtube on it, go straight to the My videos. Morongobill on Vimeo link at the top of the left sidebar below the main photograph at the top
of the blog page. As mentioned earlier, they will be in channels and it should be easy to find the one that you are looking for.

If however, I haven’t finished, and it hasn’t been uploaded yet, feel free to email me a friendly reminder!

Currently, as I type this, a video conversion program is working on the videos
from Ivanpah, before the earthmovers moved in- those should be up this morning.

There are now tens of thousands of heliostat posts up waiting for mirrors now where I am pointing.

A late bit of news. The upload process takes longer than I thought, please bear with me as I complete
this first channel which will have 30+ videos in it. Above is one of those videos that is online now.
The uploads for the visit on this day in March 2010 are now finished, check them out.

So goodbye for now, I have a lot of work to do this morning!

Morongobill

No comments:

Post a Comment