Saturday, May 19, 2012

Brought back something from my Big Morongo Canyon Preserve bighorn sheep hunt.

And it is not pretty.
ScreenHunter_01 May. 19 19.46

This is about the third time that this has happened after hiking in Big Morongo
Canyon Preserve, down the canyon trail. I believe that this is some sort of allergy to the plants that overgrow the trail at or near the 0.5 mile marker. You
have to push the tall plants aside to follow the trail or you brush against them.

I thought at first, that this was a chigger, or redbug infestation, or possibly seed ticks, but it has been over 24 hours, no itching or crawling sensation, and
I don’t see any ticks.

My research into seed ticks mostly says that they are too young to carry Lyme’s
Disease but might have been exposed to pathogens. We will see. Previously this rash faded away within a few days with no ill side effects, but it never was this pronounced, the right leg by the way is not as bad. I doubt that it is from
seed ticks though.

My sister-in-law, a nurse, said I need to watch this, see if it spreads, and to be safe, to take benadryl just in case to avoid an allergic reaction where you throat swells, and you die not being able to breath. Done.

I am still working on the trip report from this hike, the new photo at the top of this page by the name is from the batch taken during the hike. There were over a hundred photos and a few videos to sort through, the one above is a keeper for sure.

Morongobill

No comments:

Post a Comment