Wednesday, July 11, 2012

U.S.S. Iowa BB-61 Preview

I did it. Took the self guided tour, just follow the yellow arrows and everybody else. Here is a preview photograph; after I get some food into my little, tiny
body at the buffet, I will get back on and write a real post.
07112112iowa_tour 207

Above you can see the rear main gun turret, 2 close in weapons systems(like Gatling guns for use against anti-ship missiles),
Tomahawk cruise missile launchers, and Harpoon anti-ship missiles. I almost forgot the 5 inch guns on both sides also.

Folks, you can read the full trip report with lots of photos here. You can also
see my trip report of my tour of the S.S.Lane Victory- a fully restored and still
steaming WW2 Liberty Ship here.

Hope you readers have your sea legsWinking smile

Morongobill

LiveJournal Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment