Wednesday, August 29, 2012

This is what I am day dreaming about- bikepacking or bicycle camping.

Just like our friend over at http://drycyclist.com/.
ScreenHunter_04 Aug. 29 12.46

I have been perusing various forums, the latest of which is dealing with bikepacking in the United Kingdom, where I have obtained a wealth of new ideas, particularly as it relates to shorter trips of a weekend or so duration.
Here is the link to the forum and a 59 page threaded discussion with photos
that I am currently reading.

Sick as a dog so, show me you Bivi / Bikepacking / Adventure racing gear.....

From that promising lead, I ventured over to Search videos for “bikepacking”
and this multi-shot screen capture shows just the first page of video results.
ScreenHunter_01 Aug. 29 12.43

ScreenHunter_02 Aug. 29 12.44

ScreenHunter_03 Aug. 29 12.44

Below is a nice video taken from a bikepacking trip in Scotland and is from
the above link of 59 pages I told you about.

Bikepacking Rothiemurchus from Fraser McAlister on Vimeo.

A few shots and some timelapse footage from my recent bikepacking trip around Rothiemurchus in the Cairngorm NP, Scotland.

The flashing during the timelapse sequence is due to fireworks [shot Nov. 5]. I had hoped to get a longer sequence, but the lens fogged up. :(

Music: Business Car Park 9 - The Black Dog

http://mcalisterium.wordpress.com

A very scenic forest to ride bikes and camp in!

Well I have to work from 3-11 pm today so I need to start getting ready for work.
See you later.

I almost forgot. Here is a blog that is devoted to bikepacking for you to check out.
http://bearbonesbikepacking.blogspot.co.uk/

Morongobill

No comments:

Post a Comment