Saturday, September 8, 2012

My idea of good travel reading. Plus a hint of things to come.

This is a good place to start. Click on the image to see it full size.
ScreenHunter_01 Sep. 08 15.02

Also note the tab that I also had open. It is a local Craig’s List ad for a steel framed Trek 820 hardtail mountain bike for sale at about $85. I am in the information gathering stage and am thinking a Specialized Hardrock or a Trek
mountain bikes, as these have been successfully used in touring.

The inspiration for the purchase of course has been this site that I obtained the screenshot above from. If you haven’t done so, you really should visit the site.
http://drycyclist.com/

As I mentioned in a reply to a comment left on one of my posts today, the weather up at Big Morongo Canyon is turning stormy Monday and Tuesday
ScreenHunter_02 Sep. 08 15.21

with real good chances for some thunderstorm action, meaning cooler temperatures so I am quite sure that I will be heading up with my camera, in search of great photographic opportunities and the elusive bighorn sheep. I
look forward to telling you all about it here. So make sure you visit here again
in a few days.

MorongobillGoat

 

No comments:

Post a Comment