Sunday, September 30, 2012

This new Google Blogger interface may spell the end of this blog, to be followed by a new website opening.

Without boring you to death, let me just say that changing any of the elements
of this blog page is almost impossible. You might notice the lack of an opening
photograph at the top of the page- that is from changing the photo and something being done to my customized template, I don’t know what- and the photos ending up hugging the left side of the screen and leaving a half page of white, empty space.Steaming mad

But I have registered a new domain and purchased some software to setup a website with and provided that I can figure it out, this site just may come to an end and be reborn at the following link, which right now is just a parking place on the net:

http://www.bighornwhisperer.com 

By the way, those of you out there who might have an interest in getting your own web domain might want to get the same deal I did over at 1 and 1 internet,
99 cents to register and setup the domain for the first year. Since I have been
accused at times of being a shill for the coal, oil, and gas interests; I have decided not to put up a link to this deal here. Just do like I did, google search for domain search and setup. By your doing it that way, you will gain valuable web search skills and I will forgo a referral fee, and thus maintain my pseudo-
journalistic integrity.Winking smile

Character building, that’s what this blogging is all about, and I am glad to help out in any small way that I can.Just kidding

The 640 odd posts here will continue to be archived here, and will continue to appear on Google search lists, but barring a major change at Google, I don’t see much more going on here, after the new site is setup.

The new site will have a tabbed interface most likely, tabs across the top come to my mind, and will have a simple blog as one tab, and tabs for photos, and desert issues as well. I don’t see getting away from a desert emphasis but it may change as indicated earlier to an attempt to document the changes coming to that region from this modern day renewable energy land rush, as funding permits me to do so.

As mentioned here a few days ago, the first act of that new play will occur as soon as the first of my days off comes up where the temperature in the state line region drops down into a level that I feel that I can ride a mountain bike in and live to tell about. That just may be a week from now as this screen
capture shows below.
ScreenHunter_05 Sep. 30 17.37

The above chart shows a distinct cooling trend in the Nipton, California area
starting on 10/5 and culminating in a beautiful 78 degrees F on my scheduled day off of Tuesday, the 9th. I am sure that Wednesday will be in the same temperature range as well. If by some chance, I am off Monday the 8th, it is only a single degree warmer. Perfect bike weather, and hopefully signaling the
start of the fall season!

As you know, I have an interest in a few different things- getting into bike touring, landscape photography, etc- and these sort of things will be part of the new site.

So that’s the update for now. You are welcome to come back any time.

Morongobill

No comments:

Post a Comment