Sunday, October 7, 2012

This blog journey has reached its’ end.

After a couple of years and 622 posts, I have decided to get off the Google
bandwagon and strike out on my own.

With all the changes going on with Google and the new learning curve involved, it seems to me that I might be better served by learning how to put my own website together and start anew.

This site will stay up as long as Google allows it to and from time to time I might
offer minor updates and reminders to check out the new site.

Here is the plan and it is subject to change. I am going to make a bare bones
site, low bandwidth, and hopefully easy to use for those with slow
net connections. The site will probably be tabbed across the top or side, and
for sure will have a blog section which will be updated a couple of times a week, and a section for thoughts on current events and politics and the economy etc, desert related sections and especially trip reports, a desert issues commentary section, and a bighorn sheep section with photos of courseGoat.

I am now 58 years old and a part time shuttle bus driver, in a downsizing economy, about 4 years from drawing early social security, so I will most likely add ads at some point to the new site. But not right away, as it will be rough enough to get a new site up from scratch, just letting you know. The goal all along has been to one day generate supplemental income from the site, it just hasn’t happened yet.

I would like to say a public thanks to a few folks who have lent me a kind word
and linked to this site, almost from its’ inception. I would like to thank Chris over at Coyote Crossing, Shaun at the Mojave Desert Blog, and Laura and Kevin at Basin and Range Watch, as well as the DryCyclist, for all their help and words of encouragement, thank you. If I have forgotten anyone, I apologize, the spirit is willing but the mind is weakEmbarrassed smile.

I would also like to thank all those who commented here over the life of this blog and to all the readers who have stopped by to read posts on this site.
It has been a pleasure to have so many folks read this site over the last couple of years and I hope to see you again at the new site when it is up.

Vaya con dios, my friends.

Morongobill

 

No comments:

Post a Comment