Thursday, December 20, 2012

An interesting email that I received

This is an email that I got the other day from the folks at the Reckoning with Torture site. I will use screen captures to show it here.
ScreenHunter_01 Dec. 20 10.39

ScreenHunter_02 Dec. 20 10.39

ScreenHunter_03 Dec. 20 10.40

ScreenHunter_05 Dec. 20 10.40

Yes that is me, bottom row, in the middle. And 2nd from the right, directly
above this, in the Youtube row.

Of course, I wrote about this at this link. It was a day which began with hope
as I originally planned to film the reading at another desert location but my ankle quickly scratched that option, so I ended up at Big Morongo Canyon Preserve which turned out to be a better scenic backdrop for the shoot.

I had earlier made an attempt to shoot another Reckoning with Torture video
down the canyon at the old gnarly cottonwood tree but the wind noise was so
bad that I cancelled that and tried other locations as I hiked back up the hill, all to no avail.

At the risk of proving myself to be an idealist, again let me make an offer. If you
live in southern California and wish to make a reading against torture being used as a tool of policy by our government, I am available to assist in any way that I can. My days off are Tuesdays and Wednesdays and I don’t mind helping out. Regretfully, I have been unable to convince anyone else to get involved with this act of peaceful protest against our government’s policy choices, but I am not giving up hope. I have some ideas and am willing to make another video- preferably as the cameraman/ director.

I just cannot believe that none of my readers care about this issue nor will I give up on the project. By the way, did I mention that you might end up in the movie? Maybe that will get you motivated to get involved.

That’s it for today. Hope to see you again out on the backporch.

MorongobillGoat

 

No comments:

Post a Comment