Thursday, June 6, 2013

Interesting hiking and camping series from Texas

This series is from the Hudspeth County Herald in west Texas, written and lived by Andrew Stuart, a reporter that I have become acquainted with via one of my other blogs, my Heavyreenews blog. I wrote a couple of posts there about a big change up in the senior management at Texas Rare Earth Resources, and got in contact with Andrew there at the local newspaper.

He wrote a great story about the goings on which I suggest that you read here.

I perused through the content at the newspaper website and came across an interesting series of articles that he has written about hikes into Guadalupe Mountains National Park. So I started to read them all. I haven’t finished the series yet, but have read the 7th, 1st and 2nd.

The above image courtesy of Andrew Stuart and the Hudspeth County Herald 2013 and used with
approval. The image is from the 7th article in the series, linked below.

Here are the links to the articles so that you can get started reading right away.

Adventures in the Guadalupes – A Walk in the Foothills

Adventures in the Guadalupes – Devil’s Hall

Adventures in the Guadalupes – Smith Spring

Adventures in the Guadalupes – Hiking the El Capitan Trail

Adventures in the Guadalupes – McKittrick Canyon

Adventures in the Guadalupes – Up to Hunter Peak

Adventures in the Guadalupes – Bush Mountain and the Bowl

Enjoy the series, I will.

Morongobill

 

No comments:

Post a Comment