Sunday, August 9, 2015

Who says you have to starve yourself on a diet?

My apologies for the formatting of this post. For some unknown reason it looks perfect in my blogging program and looks horrible up on the web. Please overlook that as the info  here is of worth to those suffering from being overweight or pre diabetes.

On the morning of 8/7 I weighed in at 194.0 pounds. My blood sugar in the morning was 100. I did not ride the exercise
bike. For breakfast, I had 4 fried eggs, 2 fried fatty pork chops, 1 pork chop that had been cooked in a peppery sauce,
a fried and sliced up zucchini. I did not eat lunch. That night, I had 2 chicken tamales from Alberto’s Mexican Food. Before
I went to bed I had a spoon of peanut butter washed down with about a half a cup of milk.

On the morning of 8/8 I weighed in at 191.6 pounds. I had to weigh myself 3times before I believed it. My blood sugar was 93
and that was after taking a couple of drinks of coffee sweetened with honey. For breakfast I had a carne asada pan fried beefsteak, about half of the beans, 4 eggs fried and a gordito. For dinner, I had a fish taco again from Alberto’s. I did ride the bike for 30 minutes.Below is my my breakfast.

DSCN1749

This morning, 8/9, I just weighed in at 190.5 pounds. I have lost 40 pounds since my pre diabetes diagnosis and the
goal is to get down to around 185. I do not feel deprived in my eating nor do I crave sweets. I do not avoid all carbs except
the high fructose corn sweetener and gratuitous sugary ones. I am not a carb nazi as the beans and the masa bread above prove. I have pretty much given up on potatoes and rice though except maybe a bite from time to time. I have found out that
I can eat the steel cut oats but will have to ride the bike soon after finishing to alleviate a blood sugar spike, although the steel
cut oats do spike at a lower level for me at least vs the rolled oats. You just have to eat and test to determine what will work for you.

As Butter Bob Briggs says on Youtube along with Dr.Eric Westman, fat is good for you and is one of the keys to losing weight. That is entirely different from what the medical establishment has preached for decades. It is working for me, that’s all I can tell you.

Here are a couple of videos from the guys mentioned above for you to check out.

 

Check it out. If you are overweight or are a pre diabetic pay close attention and try at least some of the ideas presented
in the videos. And remember this. Even if you do everything by the book, you could still go up or down a couple of pounds on
any day. It just happens. Try to remember the goal is a long term trend that you are looking for and don’t panic if your weight spikes up out of the blue as most likely it will be gone within a day or two.

And feel free to tell your story in the comments.

Morongobill

No comments:

Post a Comment